View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2013, 09:56 PM   #126
The_big_dill
ninjette.org member

Name: Phil

Motorcycle(s): 1987 Ninja 250 custom gold

Well i spent the day after school putting the thing back together and it doesn't want to turn over.

I even put on an external battery (12.4V) to allow the starter to crank at its maximum potential and nothing... I put some starting fluid in the air box and some down the spark plug hole while the plug was out, when cranking it accelerated, as if it was about to start, and then slowed down again... Did not fire.

In any case, i checked spark again, and thats fine. I also primed the fuel properly for a good 10 seconds of sucking on that vacuum line.

At the end of it all i decided to test if my timing went off again. Tell me if my logic is wrong here:

Pulled out spark plug 1. Looking at the flywheel markings for cylinder top dead centre, i turned the engine manually counter-clockwise until i felt the most compression (cylinder 2 TDC). Throughout the entire compression stroke, the 2T mark did not pass the notch.

Before i open the head again to check timing, can you guys guess at what could have come loose? is it that bolt i am using to turn the engine with?
The_big_dill is offline   Reply With Quote