Thread: Flush Mounts?!
View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2013, 02:59 AM   #35
fast1075
ninjette.org guru

Name: harry

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250, 2004 Buell XB12s, Honda 110 Elite

ghetto flush mounts

After doing the ghetto tail tidy/turn signal delete/taillight to turn signal mods, the front signals looked dorky sticking out. Since my new flush mounts are coming from China, and may take a while I decided to try to rig something up.

Lights: Amber LED marker lights from Autozone. Blazer #CW1586A. The lights are screwed to a mount base. After you remove the mount base, you will find a ground tab that will need a ground wire soldered on. The green wire in the picture is one of the wires from the old turn signal that I cut off and reused. The ground tab needs to be bent up, and has a hole in it for the wire, solders easily. The workings of the light are nicely potted to keep moisture out. I cut the wires off the old turn signals to get plug n play wiring.

I used the mount base as template for the holes for the screws. They barely fit in the lip, but capture well and will not come loose. I used a 1/16" drill bit to drill the holes after marking the location with an awl. The pictures are kid of poor, but you get the idea. It looks better than the pictures. I went ahead and pulled the fairing and did the "diode mod" for the indicator lamp since I had my soldering iron out. The diodes are Radio shack 1N4001.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg light1.jpg (59.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg light2.jpg (38.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg light3.jpg (89.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg light4.jpg (84.4 KB, 20 views)
fast1075 is offline   Reply With Quote