View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #154
The_big_dill
ninjette.org member

Name: Phil

Motorcycle(s): 1987 Ninja 250 custom gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
It needs to run into the carbs. Alternatively, I have seen some guys hook a funnel directly to the carb gas line and literally pour it in.

Anyhow, now its time to take it out and ride it while you still can before winter. It would be nice to know if the bike performs well above 5500 rpm because that's where the primary jets usually kick in.
I rode the bike to school and back today (~80km).

The bike pulls much harder than it use to across the entire rev range, primarily in the low RPM. It has plenty of power the whole time, so long as i am not in 1st lol, it feels really empty when i pass 4k rpm in first.

Towards the end of the day, as i was going home, i started hearing some sluggishness in the valves. Hard to describe the noise, but somewhat like a hint of exhaust leak. Also, as soon as i noticed this sound, the bike started starving on power a little bit. I made sure to go easy on the bike the rest of the way, i never went over 6k rpm.

This gives me a good reason to take it apart and see if i messed anything up with the valve adjustment. Will get back with update.
The_big_dill is offline   Reply With Quote