View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2013, 09:46 AM   #47
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingmenace View Post
Ok here's what I would do to check it ... Scrap everything that has been previously done... And don't assume anything ... This is a sure fire way to eliminate any questions about fuel or spark.. It also doesn't hurt to pull gas tank and assure the coils are both hooked up correctly... There is a correct wire polarity on them make sure it's is right
1.. Go buy at least 2 new spark plugs and a can of starting fluid...
2.. Pull air cleaner off and ensure battery charged or run jumpers to car battery
3.. Replace spark plugs with new ones>>> why u ask because in my past experience I've had plugs I knew were fouled fire like normal outside of engine... But fail when under compression
4.. Crack open throttle and spray a fair amount of steerer fluid in each carb throat and crank it over .. Repeat several times to ensure you get enough fuel.. Listen for it to pop or try to start ...
5.. If no fire or start pull plugs and see if there wet if so I would look into possibly something else with engine....
6.. It also never hurts to check battery to motor or chassis ground and also make sure your harness has a good chassis ground as well
I'll buy some new plugs that's not a bad idea.