View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2013, 10:40 AM   #111
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Obviously there are going to be stories, interviews, ect... that keep popping up about this and we will never truly know who to believe but here is one i saw on FB.
In summary guy says, SUV guy was being aggressive with bikers, swerving at them, trying to speed up and pass them, throwing his weight around essentially. (This would not be atypical of cagers, It seems everyone is a complete tough guy bad *** when they are in safety of their cage. I've witnessed it personally more times than i can count.)
So original biker gets rear ended when he is trying to slow down the SUV simply to get SUV guy to chill out and be patient. It was hardly a brake check IMO and the SUV should have been able to slow down and stop if they wanted to, it's not like they were going fast and he wasn't already on alert mode.
This again does not seem like an unreasonable scenario to me given all the info we can collect from the video
The rear ended biker doesn't seem to be overly aggressive with gestures and actions and the fact that all the other bikers continue past this SUV with out a second look would hint at that there was no prior major confrontation with the SUV before the Rear end incident. As video rider passes SUV before rear end, there doesn't appear to be any damage to the SUV what so ever, any dents from helmets would be clearly visible bending reflected light.
Plus report keeps saying, bikers opened door, last time i check 99% of all newer vehicles have auto locks?

I feel like this could be one of the most reasonable starts to the incident, it adds up for me. I do think that the SUV half purposefully rear ended the first biker. Again everyone is a bad *** when they are in their cage, and he was probably thinking, "huh try and slow me, stop me ill just hit ya jerk! (hits biker) Oh **** THAT JUST HAPPENED!! i actually just hit that biker, hmmm sounded better in my head, welp i'm ****ed"

Bikers get really pissed because SUV was already being aggressive so bikers decide to take it to the next level and we all know what happens next.

That's just my interpretation, I don't place blame on any one person, i think it is both SUV and bikers at fault here, poor decisions all around. I do how ever think the SUV driver made some poor decisions that escalated the situation far beyond what it had to be. The whole argument is he was protecting his family, its not 100% but odds are bikerz were not interested in hurting his wife or kid (will never know) but regardless driving over bikers and pissing them off even more is hardly what i call smart decision making for protecting your family. If you wake the undefeatable sleeping giant you don't kick it in the nutz and run away back to your village where it is going to chase you then destroy everything, you sing it back to sleep... or call for back up

interview with a rider from that day.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=644163622283550

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.