View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2013, 04:33 AM   #4
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwalker View Post
As first video says, lane splitting is legal only in California. Can't really complain seeing all the people here in Kansas regularly switching lanes and turning w/o any signals. Also, we don't have car pool lanes Or I just never seen one yet.
honestly it should be legal everywhere, at the bare minimum legal at stops/red lights due to the safety concerns of potentially being run over. hell my dad got rear ended in his cage a few weeks ago, in a cage it's just an inconvenience and some insurance filings on a bike it's a bit more serious and could be easily avoided by splitting in front of safety cushions (cars) to a safer point.

the reason it's not is because of all the people who are scared because they have bikers fly by them "inches away" on the highway and think "what if I switched lanes? would I have killed that biker?" and so on. really just an example of how the actions of some affect everyone within the niche (not saying I'm innocent but I consider that and splitting at a red light to be entirely different animals that should be treated as such)
Sirref is offline   Reply With Quote