Old October 7th, 2013, 11:44 AM   #19
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom King View Post
What kind of lube are you using? Keep the KY in the bedroom . I kid, I kid. Try Dupont dry lube on your chain if you haven't already. It attracts less gunk than the other brands.
Wet platinum I used champion, liquid wrench, and some other stuff didn't really like any of them, and my bike used to be an outdoor bike, so my chain looks gross
Looking for a DuPont dry source, I hate the white greasy film or whatever most chain lubes leave
Quote:
Originally Posted by beazy411 View Post
I liked the Bel-Ray super lube, but it leaves a white wax on the chain that some people may not like. I just switched to something new so no idea on the new wax yet. The manual says every 400mi but if your bike sits outside like mine in a humid environment you may want to clean it a bit more often. As far as my bike, I have some electrical issues to fix and fitment issues too but those are all self inflicted. Hope you get your bike back in tip top shape soon.
Yea I found a post on here with a measuring thingy, an some info. My sprockets were out of line,(maybe cause the mark moved slightly, your think they would not be moveable) so I got rid of that noise, my dad said I do have funky spots in my chain an shoulda took better care of it, but said if I take good care of it now on it should last a while still.
Fitament issues and stuff happen when your building a bad bike! Get it back up an worked out maaaan