View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #185
allanoue
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_big_dill View Post
Love the people who tell you to ride the bike in the winter, i stretched it out to December last year, up here in Canada.

The last ride was when i saw snow coming down. Makes falling asleep loads easier when you just went through 40km in negative degree temperature in a pair of jeans :P

In any case, like the first reply said, with a bit more details as to why:

- Change to fresh oil (which will be good to go for next season), you don't want to leave it to dry out inside of there without oil.

- Put battery on trickle charger, don't have to be continuous, 2 times each winter for half a day is fine. I would take it off the bike all together, This will prevent parasitic discharge from draining your battery to failure.

- Lift the bike off the ground, save your tires from getting "flat spots" or you will have a bumpy ride next season.

- Fill the tank, this will prevent your gas tank from rusting.

- Empty carb bowls, will prevent the jets from getting clogged.

- Turn petcock off (not on prime), this won't allow gas to flow to the carb unless you create a vacuum (ie turn the bike on).

Hope this helps, but i think you have plenty of time before you have to store your bike away
If you ride in Canada in November you would ride year round in Virginia
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote