View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2013, 02:30 PM   #55
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post

But it doesn't beat out the old ninja 250 on power; it matches it.
even matching the old N250 on power the new cbr300 has all the amenities that the N250 never had. abs/fuel injection/etc. those advantages alongside the equal power leads to the cbr300 being a much better value though its real competition is the ninja 300.

now obviously power is not everything, or else we would all be riding gsxr1000s and zx-14rs so the N300's power advantage is not the only factor in play over the cbr300. the cbr (I'm assuming of course, honda reputation and all) should have a much more intact package so owners shouldn't have to worry about loose fairings and the like. I wouldn't be surprised at all if honda puts decent brakes on stock unlike the N300 where the braking feels weak. the suspension is another question mark though the cbr250r had a rather loose suspension honda may have made it a bit stiffer for the cbr300. maintenance is likely to be painless much like the cbr250r and the cb500r with long service intervals. I'd be surprised if it loses out to the N300 in terms of fuel economy. clutch feel is likely advantage to kawi with the slipper clutch.

with everything I can think of off the top of my head I think the cbr300r is welcome competition for those people who want a nice looking small displacement sport bike.
Sirref is offline   Reply With Quote