Old June 30th, 2009, 05:51 PM   #134
Banzai
Psychic war veteran

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): Kawi Green '09 Ninja ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by noche_caliente View Post
the other quote threw me

I've got the warranty form in front of me, so I've been following this thread trying to decide what to do about buying the extended warranty - I hadn't planned to do it, but it's been making me think about it with this issue that they don't want to acknowledge...
I would encourage you to file a warranty claim and see if you can get it addressed, if it has not already expired. I did not buy the extended warranty hoping for a fix, though.

The NHTSA gets data on warranty claims straight from manufacturers and service centers (required by law) based on claims during the warranty period. For them to look into anything automatically, there have to be sufficient claims vs. the number of units sold. Each unreported problem makes it that much harder to use the muscle of government regulation to make the product correct, and helps the manufacturer shift the burden onto the unsuspecting consumer.

That REALLY ticks me off, since Kawi knows all about the problem.

I finally got to the point where I am SURE it's a bad CDI because I put in a known good one. The CDI I have in the bike now only bobbles the indication around 9K rpm, and I can live with that, as it has been verified to be the ONLY issue. Other than that, I personally did not opt to extend my warranty hoping for a lasting fix.