View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2009, 06:05 PM   #137
Banzai
Psychic war veteran

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): Kawi Green '09 Ninja ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
lol...can't be any worse than some coming fresh from the factory. either you have the problem or you don't... luck of the draw, it seems.

look what I just got off ebay, just in case I become one of the unlucky ones. think it will work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT
Don't know. I thought that the pre gen ones had some different wiring configuration? Might have to make an adapter harness if you don't want to end up doing a permanent wiring mod.

In any case, I'm skeptical about the different spark curve, too, until I do a little more reading.

Edit to add: I'm still trying to get a known bad CDI so I can open it up and hook some old school test equipment up to it and see what it's doing. Hopefully it's not pottted inside and I can get to the circuit board and components without destroying something. In any case, I have 'access' to that sort of equipment, so if it becomes difficult, I can enlist 'professional' assistance! (One of the perks of working with some of the Navy's finest electronics techs)