View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #51
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2109dad View Post

In the beginning of this post, Havoc asked that no one talk about Kevin's poor decision making. This board has for the most part emphasized safety. I admired that about this board. So why not talk about it? It why we are all here in this thread now. If it helps someone avoid this situation or save some mother from tears, why not talk about that? This tragedy was preventable and I want all of you to really understand that. The preventable action steps should have taken place years ago. I blame myself as well. As hard as I was on Kevin, I should have been even harder.

Frederick
Frederic I think you have a misunderstanding of why i asked no talk of kevins previous riding habits not be discussed in this thread. I had talked to Andrea before i made that post and said i was going to ask that as i wanted a place where people who cared about kevin could get updates and the family could see how loved he was with the well wishes of others. At no point was i trying to hide or gloss over the safety aspect of riding or riding responsibly. At the time there was little info about the accident and what caused it other then speculation and i did not see where that would have helped this situation. I have always promoted safe riding and learning from mistakes made not only with my own riding but from other riders mistakes or decisions while riding. It is why the crash section of these boards were made so we could all learn and be safer.

Fredreric i truly wish you could have been around us when we all talked to kevin about his riding. It was a conversation we have all had with him many many times. It was never something we encouraged or laughed at or found amusing. all of us have always tried to help kevin and send him in the right direction with both his riding and in other aspects of his life.

Over the past year Kevin has grown and started taking more and more responsibility for his actions and started making better life decisions. not all of them were gold. Truth is you can only show grown person the way, you cant force it on them.

Right now my heart is broken, I always looked at kevin like a little brother and i tried to help him as much as i could, I wanted to keep his friends and loved ones informed of his condition and be respectful to the family.

With that said and with tears in my eyes i will no longer be posting publicly. With his family posting here now i believe there is more then enough people who can give the information about his status and i would rather remove myself then cause any undo heartache.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote