View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2013, 05:46 AM   #58
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samer View Post
They still make a proper manual transmission? I believe Ferrari has officially stopped offering a manual transmission option.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I think we're losing something with modern "driver's cars". Formula 1 can keep their dual clutch paddle shifters. I'm actually not trying to race anyone and I enjoy shifting myself. Even the damn steering is electronic now. Ridiculous. Anyway, My choice is the first generation Porsche Cayman. I think it's the prettiest modern car out there. I'm keeping my Ninjette for now, but I'm going to try to save up for a used early year Cayman. They go for about 30K to 35K. I also want a Triumph Daytona 675R. These go for 15K new. However, I can't afford (literally and figuratively) to buy both. Leaning towards the car.
if you can keep the bike then go for the car and get the daytona later on. having a car and a bike is sick, particularly if it's a really luxurious car like a Cayman.
Sirref is offline   Reply With Quote