View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2013, 07:54 AM   #24
leed
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Time will tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
Your peripheral vision is not colour sensitive, colour sensitive cells are concentrated in a single spot at the focal point, outside that you can pick up movement but it's the same cells in use that you use to see in the dark. See how much colour you can discern at night. Once you've registered the colour your brain fills in the blanks

If nobody else wears hi vis then it may stand out, thing is it's everywhere where I live. Couriers, bin men, cyclists, EMTs, cops, builders, creche / junior school kids & their teachers walking to the park... (I **** you not, kids in one colour, teachers in another. It's ****ing ridiculous. say "Thank you safety nazis")

Generally they're slow moving, and with the exception of cops, they pose no threat so get listed in the low importance list.

The blues & twos flash, that's picked up the same as movement, it wasn't there, now it is.
Touche. I have no idea of the science, and can truly only speak from what I experience. Hi viz is effectively useless as it will not fluoresce without a decent UV light source.

And I suppose this is also a difference of our locations. Where I am [and where I've been] hi-viz anything is nonexistent. Virtually the only thing I see with hi viz are DOT workers and pedestrian signs.
leed is offline   Reply With Quote