View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2009, 06:58 AM   #11
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

The Alpinestars gloves are a nice glove, I have a set of these, but they do run small. I wear a large glove in every brand I own or have ever tried... cep't A's. I have a pair in large and I can barely fit them over my hands. They just lie on my dresser, collecting dust. I been planning on getting an xl size and trying them out.

As far as shields go.. I've never been questioned by police for wearing a "mirrored" shield and have been wearing them for 15+ years now. Most of my helmets are shoei and the iridium shields give good protection from the sun while allowing decent visibility in the dark. I'm currently sporting a Suomy helmet and ordered a "mirror" silver shield for it (it looks almost chrome) and its sooo dark that I could barely see through it even early evening.. way too dark. I then ordered the "blue" and I can see through that ok in the dark, though it looks "darker" through it than a clear shield. Smoke shields are terrible for night, they make your surroundings too dark (the 3-4 shoei smoke shields that I have) and they're sitting in helmet boxes in the closet. Looking at the icon site, I personally would have to give one of those 'icon proshield' shields a try at night. I'd try the blue or gold, not the silver

As far as the sidi street burners... they look just like the sidi boots, cep't shorter. I have a pair of sidi vertigo corsa boots and they're nice boots, but the soles are sooo soft! If you do any walking around in those boots, you'll have the tread worn smooth in no-time.... I was amazed at how fast the bottoms of these boots wear and Ive seen many comments on other forums about it.

Last futzed with by rockNroll; July 2nd, 2009 at 08:42 AM.
rockNroll is offline   Reply With Quote