Old November 10th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #1016
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
yeah, once I started cramping, I walked hills and when I pedaled I could feel the knots starting again so I had to ease off. I spent like a mile in my bottom two gears on my cassette

Now I'm wondering the smartness of my 26/39 crank and 11x32 cassette combo that I just ordered... That's a lot higher gearing. Idk, I'll just have to work on starting out better hydrated and maybe finding a way to bring another water bottle with me. I've never had this issue this bad on road rides, and I can do 60+ miles with minimal water and minimal nutrition. This was different than I'm used to.

Idk. I ate a banana and chocolate milk asap when I got back to my dorm. Legs felt better this morning than yesterday afternoon.
Idk I think your 26-32 with 26" tires is a fair bit easier then my 34-20 with 29" tires so I'm going to go with man up or go ride your pussy road bike

Honestly I had the front pack riders jaws dropping when I yelled out on your left and proceeded to fly past 8 riders on this super steep kicker at the top of a long ass climb. I thought I was going to pay dearly for the half a dozen or so 10second sprinting efforts I would perform each lap but overall I seemed to recover just fine during the short descents.

I'll rest my legs for a week and if my knee feels good ill ramp up my efforts on the road bike then see how much I've gained from this last race on the Mtb. In the raffle after the race I won a free entry into January's event so I'm kinda on the hook to defend my victory.
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote