View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2013, 11:12 AM   #22
tooblekain
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Triumph Bonneville; 2008 Ninja 250r (trackbike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscani451 View Post
CAR is what I need to be. Bought tyres again for the r6 this weekend

Couple more questions for you guys-What gearing are yall running at CVR? I will not be able to make the practice on Friday.

I had planned on just coming and racing anyway but I've found it takes a few sessions to get used to the 250 VS a 600. Waist of time? I dont want to be a speed bump out there but it would be my last chance to race until after the new year
LOL, I'm trying to be a CAR, but I had to buy a rear tire again this past weekend because my experimentation turned out really bad. I may need to buy another tire on race weekend too.

I know that a majority of all the 250 racers are on stock gearing. However I am running stock front and +2 rear. I may go back to stock gearing to see how much it affects my shift points.

I say **** and just race. If you come on Friday, you might still be able to do the Friday evening race practice. You'll also have on Saturday Practice 1, Practice 2, and qualifying--and then your 2 races. Sunday you will have Practice 1 and Practice 2 and then your races. The 250 races for this weekend are schedule nice for us. We start and finish somewhat early by Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
If it's your first time riding the 250 on the track than yeah I highly recommend you do a trackday but then again you have the practice race sessions on late Friday, Sat & Sun mornings.
YMMV, but most of the time I am up to speed by the 2nd session.
*CVMA #312*SoCal Trackdays*BigHeadz Racing*Motion Pro*Factory Effex*Leatt Brace* Racetech *Bell * Woodcraft CFM*Vortex*Hotbodies*Surface Sun Systems*Braking*LiveWire Energy*Freegun Underwear
tooblekain is offline   Reply With Quote