View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #6
AFazakerley
ninjette.org member

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Nice. Would you be able to share some of the things you've had to do to make it work?
Yah, as far as fitting the engine into the frame everything was straight forward, except for the front mount. The male bracket on the newgen engine is about a cm (give or take) wider then the ones on pre-gen. To fix that i removed some material on the female bracket. The exhaust was slightly tricky, the pregen an newgen is completly diffrent. I used the pregen pipes/couplers system, just had to enlarge the holes on aluminum piece. Also removed the small studs an exchanged for some longuer ones. I plan on instaling the new-gen pipes once i order some because this system doesnt seal well
Electrical connectors were all the same, pregen carb with 1mm shims works quite well (not perfect), coilpacks and wires worked aswell. Prob more im forgetting.

One thing i havent figured out yet is the newgen has a breather hole on the top on the valve cover an makes quite a bit of noise. I put a small cone filte ron it for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubarney View Post
If the oil continues to come out of the hole it means you have leaking spark plug rubbers. They are underneath the valve cover.

I'll get a photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubarney View Post
There is 1 of these for each spark plug. You can replace them without having to remove valve cover, just unbolt it and pop it up a little, no need to pull everything apart. Get a Magnet on stick (there metal on inside).

The coolant lines hooked up easily aswell HOWEVER i had to remove the newgen upper hose connector on the top of the head since it has a 30degree bend compared to pregen thats straight. Thats when i had to unbolt the valve cover and must have shifted the gasket!
AFazakerley is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.