Bigballsofpaint
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2015 636 ABS - 69 Honda 305

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
2 track days a year?

Buy used OEM rims cheap.
Buy a set of Diablo Rosso 2 tires for track day wheel, buy something hard and long life for the street wheels.

Spend money you saved from not shipping wheels from Asia on another track day and grin from ear to ear.

End of story.
I saw 2 track days right now, but who knows what the future will be. All i know is come spring i want me and my bike ready for my 1st. I have 2 tracks in the area i want to go to next year, so thats why i say 2. OEM rims, well, nevermind them being hard to find with all the pregens doing the conversion to 17s, i figure i should get the bigger rear like ive wanted to the back end doesnt look SO thin. I just didnt know which set to mount track day tires on, which is looks like the stock rims will be the ones. I think the Vrossi is only like 400 shipped for both rims, which i dont think is bad. Ill get a 2nd set of rotors and what not so i can leave them mounted on as well.

Right now im tackling the bodywork and transportation. I just picked up a trailer and a hitch for my car. Bought a set of hotbody race fairings. Searching for a beat up gas tank with pet cock, then ill snag some vinyl wrap for everything. I just like to list out the things i want to buy and cost so i know what to plan for.
Bigballsofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote