Old December 21st, 2013, 09:04 PM   #7
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by corksil View Post
This is my second thread on the topic, the first from which I gleaned the previously posted information.

I most certainly know how to run a multimeter, and I've got a nice fluke unit with all the bells and whistles. I've probably already done any testing that you guys might recommend, but shoot. I need to nail down the problem before I throw 140 or 40 dollars at a replacement [used] tach/CDI.

Bike starts and cranks strong. Lights are bright [they dim a titch when I go from WOT to clutch-in-coast, but they brighten back up after a second.]

All grounds are clean, all electrical connections are shiny and coated in fresh dielectric grease, battery and terminals are tight and clean, coated with protectant. Battery charges fine and reads proper charging voltage with bike running. No real issues otherwise. Nothing that sounds electrically related in any way.

Any advice?
Well since we have the same multimeter, and you've already checked everything I could suggest, I can only wish I could help you, and hope it works out for you