View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2013, 09:15 AM   #43
allanoue
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefe305 View Post
Yea it was pretty similar to this even though I wasn't going as fast.
http://youtu.be/2qRdYLomE3g

I was very lucky there was no cars behind me, and right away some kind strangers gently carried me a few feet over to the sidewalk. Definitely, down town fremont area probably the worst place to ride. I've never ridden anywhere near there hell I won't even take my car there. The strip is covered with cops uniformed and plain clothed undercover who can't wait to pull people over, unfortunately that doesn't stop the taxis from driving crazy. They're usually my main concern. I'm not sure what I plan to do yet, I'm thinking about keeping the bike because the damage is only cosmetic and just riding on weekends in off traffic hours and more rural areas. Basically just using in for pleasure and not to commute or as my main transportation. And I'll definitely be investing in racing boots and a good quality jacket.
I had my bike close to 2 months before I felt like I had a good chance of being OK in an emergency stop before I started commuting.
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.