View Single Post
Old December 24th, 2013, 07:53 AM   #33
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykes92 View Post
So after riding for about another month, I have gotten pretty used to the seating but there are times where my spine is not happy. Still takes a fair amount of effort squeezing the tank to keep me from sliding forward. And the "weight on the thighs" is difficult because at 130lb, I dont have a lot of thigh contacting the seat hahah. I did take the seat cusion off though to try and experience stock seat.
personally I grip the tank with my knees and very little thigh (140lbs (up from 130 (building muscle ))) if you're worried about that just head to your local gym and get some weighted squats in though it isn't really necessary after you find your comfort zone in the saddle.

if you're worried about thigh strength get a road cycle/mountain bike and use it daily, or run, or do squats. as for the lower back pain I personally only feel pain in my hips when I'm choking a blood vessel with a belt or something and get a cramp (absolutely sucks) so I don't know what it is that you're up to, I'd do some daily crunches to deal with this if changing your position on the bike and or getting rearsets doesn't help.
Sirref is offline   Reply With Quote