Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilletmo View Post
Motofool! I missed you! Merry Christmas to you too!

Nvm i think there was still a lot of oil in there since i did not drain the oil from the plug as well. Looks like i have to get 2 new quarts and drain it the proper way because i basically have 2 oils mixed in there, (old full synthetic and new partial synthetic oil).......
Thanks !!!

Mixing both oils is not the end of the world, especially if you plan on replacing everything again soon.
Besides, both types of oil are fully compatible.

Yes, you can just let some drain from the plug into a clean container and then re-use that one to reach the proper level if needed.

I am not sure how you could drain the airbox in the new-gen; the pre-gen has a plugged hose for that purpose.

Don't feel bad, we all do foolish mistakes like that.
Ask your doctor when you could start riding a bicycle and swimming, both are great for your knee's full recovery.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote