View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2013, 02:25 PM   #64
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefe305 View Post
I made it clear to the paramedics and witnesses who called for help to tell the police when they arrive that the bike was not to be towed and that I had someone coming for it. I was taken by ambulance to the hospital way before the tow truck showed up. My dad arrived at the scene of the accident as they were loading my bike onto the tow truck. We were going to have a friend with a trailer pick it up but they wouldn't release it. My house was 4 miles away and they refused to tow it there. They ended up bringing it to their impound lot which was on the other side of town.
I don't know the laws in NV, but if that happened in FL then you would have a pretty good case. Not sure if the chargeback thing will work or not, but you might look into small claims court because they effectively stole your motorcycle. Your dad was there and can testify what he told them.

A friend of mine had a similar situation and called me after his accident. When I got there, the tow truck guy had it loaded and had no problem towing it to my friends house. I had to pay for the tow, but that was OK because the insurance reimbursed me.

Good luck with it.