View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2014, 08:46 PM   #16
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

I'll be there but I doubt I'll be camping. I'll just ride home every night. Also Wheels Through Time is a must see. Very cool place and you are bound to meet some old timer who loves to tell his story. <-- usually very cool stories.

Cades Cove is great if you are into nature or like taking pictures. There's also some good hiking there. Like Abrams Falls.

Another good spot locals tend to visit is Bald River Falls. Once again scenic and there are some hiking trails.

If you are more into gambling and drinking go to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.

PJ has a great store and so does Wheelers has parts as well. Both are really great guys. There are factory dealerships nearby in Knoxville. I'm not sure about dealerships in North Carolina.

Blue Ridge is also a great place to stay. I honestly don't know the prices but I've stayed a few times and it was terrific. They cook breakfast and dinner if you forget to pack your meals.

When you are on the actual Dragon be aware of the local traffic laws and the pull offs if you feel pressured. The locals will probably be riding very quickly. Don't try to enforce the laws just keep riding your pace and move to the pull offs when you feel like it is safe to do so. Everyone is up there to have a good time.
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote