View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2014, 09:57 PM   #124
Geardrivencam250RR
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): WR250R, CBR150R, TTR-125L, TTR-110

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiKid860 View Post
I'll consider everyone's advice here, but I'm pretty set on the CRFL. I mean, I could get a DRZSM for like 8k OTD but that's a lot more to owe on a bike that hasn't changed in over a decade, unless I could find a good used one. But I can get the Honda for under 5k OTD with pretty good interest rates. Sure there's possibly better ways to build credit, but I wouldn't walk away with a new bike. As for lusting over the bike, well I sort of do lust over it. It'll open up a whole new type of riding for me. It's no kick ass KTM or anything but those things are expensive and high maintenance. I need affordable and reliable/low maintenance. That's where the CRFL comes in. But thanks for the advice everyone. I just think this plan is going to suit MY needs and wants the best.
I may have missed it in this thread - but there are quite a few "like new" used WR250Rs available for good prices in the U.S. Not knocking the CRF250L though. It seems to be an outstanding value. However, the WR250R produces about 7 more rear-wheel hp, is about 20 lbs lighter, has much better suspension (and generally higher quality components). Virtually every online review I've read that pits the WR250R against the CRF250L - has given the nod to the WR. I love mine. And they are incredibly reliable. The stock 36"+ seat height can be rather daunting though. I lowered mine using the stock lowering mods, and also purchased a Yama-link. Both collectively lower the seat height about 2 inches.

With that said - you won't go wrong with the CRF250RL.

Mike
Geardrivencam250RR is offline   Reply With Quote