View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2008, 01:56 PM   #5
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

How I started riding bikes

I bought my first MC in 1958 when I was a senior in High School. I needed a way to get to work--majored in mechanics and got my first job as an assistant mechanic in a motorcycle shop. My first bike was a Zundapp 250 which was quickly followed by a 250 NSU. I worked my way through two years of community college and two years of university majoring in English Lit.I rode till 1967 having by then owned several British bikes. My bike then was a 1965 Dunstall Norton. The Norton was in storage till 1971 when I was able to resume riding again. The four year abscence was due to military service and the year it took to patch me up. I rode up until 1982 when some clowns in a pickup ran me off the road. I managed not to dump the bike, caught them, got the plate number, and blew them in to the
State Police. I pressed charges for vehicular assault--reckless endangerment, and the pair got a hefty fine and lost their licenses. At that point I gave up riding because the traffic was getting worse and people thought it was funny to buzz motorcycles, throw stuff at them etc. When I moved to Maine, moorcycles made much more sense. I can ride the back roads here and not see a car for an hour.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote