Thread: Race Bike Build
View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2014, 08:50 PM   #38
Mark Cook
Full Time Survivor

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Panigale S, 2010 Streetfighter, 2008 250r, 2002 Sv650, 1999 Sv650, 1965 CB160, 1963 Vespa GS160

Josh,
This was just a cheap set off of ebay.
I don't have an upper fairing bracket fabbed up yet, but I will be making an aluminum one to hold the upper in place. I think even though it's pretty solid as it is, once you get up to speed it will need support.
The tail is a bit of a PITA to get on, but it will go. Just had to figure out the way to make it fit. Patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJosh. View Post
hey mark, are those armour bodies plastics? that's what i'm using. couple questions for ya. i see there that with the upper mounted up you don't have the top fairing bracket bolted on, are you going to put that back in at any point or are you gonna go without it. i was looking at mine today, and i guess it doesn't really seem all that necessary. also, did you have trouble getting your tail section on? i was trying to get mine on and there is no way it will go over the cross member in the subframe. i don't want to force it, i feel like i'm going to break it. am i missing some trick to this? i bought the bike without the plastics so i have no idea how the stock ones fit or where they mounted up, and definitely no idea how these ones should go back on. any tips?
thanks man.
Mark Cook is offline   Reply With Quote