View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2014, 03:52 PM   #8
Bill N
ninjette.org member

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 250 Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnNinjaGirl View Post
Well... You can't make a woman do anything she doesn't want to.

My Mom is an avid pillion rider. My stepdad bought her her own Ninja 250 and she never had an interest in riding it. When it comes to the other bikes she is a very large factor in which bike will be purchased. It's just personal preference. Much the same that I won't ride pillion, she won't pilot her own machine. To each their own.

The best way to coax someone is to let them think it is their own idea. This often takes a lot of time and most people don't have the patience to wait so they shove the topic down someone's throat until it is a sore subject. Take a moment, does she have any hobbies you don't enjoy? Does she make you do them?

In summary:

You can't make her ride. You can be patient and nurture her interests and nudge ever so lightly occasionally that you would like to to share your hobbies.
You won't get any better advice than the above. I'm a skilled street rider with about 55 years of experience. I have my street smarts but have no desire for a track day. To each their own, don't push her into something just to please yourself.
Bill
Bill N is offline   Reply With Quote