View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2014, 04:02 PM   #114
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Since this is a Ninjette poll my score is ZERO but I have nearly crashed the 250 due to touching down hard parts. I have had 3 crashes in my 23 or so years riding on the street. I have had over a million if you count dirt bike!

Crash#1 1986 Yamaha FZ750 (first bike) High side off the grass and landed on my head. Taught me to always wear my helmet and slow down before entering a corner!

Crash #2 1990 Kawasaki Ninja 600 Off the outside of a bend into the woods. Kick stand had a bad spring and there was no safety switch. This was a used bike I had just bought for my then girlfriend and im glad I found the issue and not her. Learned to thoroughly safety inspect all newly acquired bikes before riding them!!!

Crash #3 1996 Yamaha FZR600 Kinda low side slide into a guard rail. The corner we had rode the weekend before was now fully covered in sand and I stupidly rushed into it and could not turn. I started to low side then stood up applied brake as I crossed the center line then turned in just before impact with the rail. I got so lucky! I put both the tires into the rail (which protected a very steep tree covered down hill) and the bike dropped on the throttle side. Just minor scratches on fairing and 2 bruises on me, I even was able to ride the bike home. I was lucky because there was no one coming in the other lane and lucky I went in tires first, had I hit front tire first I would have gone over the bars and down the hill into the trees beyond! I learned not to ride like a squid anymore!

I did nearly drop my Ducati while backing out of my garage but I caught it just as it gently touched the wall. That tiny little mark made me more crazy than any of the other crashes listed above.

So 3 crashes and an almost drop
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote