View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2014, 08:58 PM   #313
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
sigh, what I mean is that it's the difference between crashing and not crashing on a track. Commuting on the highway it's more of a difference in comfort and not being blown around within your lane. I stay light on the bars all the time already but it's not the difference between crashing and not crashing unless you're pushing the bike a bit or you're riding in severely heavy crosswinds. Bars are meant for steering not for carrying your weight regardless of the situation, this is true. However, it isn't the end of the world if some weight ends up on them if you're cruising down an expressway. I do admit if I had cruise control on my bike I'd spend about half of my highway commute sitting straight up without either hand on my bars and I'd get there just fine without the issue of ending up treating traffic like a slalom ski run out of boredom. (a case where being light on the bars is obviously important)
Sirref is offline   Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.