View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2014, 01:44 PM   #79
ttd
ninjette.org member

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): CBR600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
I can ride in any class from novice to expert. I have been known to ride in the novice class just to have fun with friends, that's just how I roll. Keep me posted.
We make sure to not oversell our trackdays. In general, we sell enough spots so there can be an entire football field worth of space around each rider.

Unfortunately, we'll get riders come into the pits and complain about the track being crowded. In reality, there will be a train of 10 or 12 bikes, and then 1/2 mile of empty track behind them.

While I understand wanting to ride with your friends, we try to encourage people not riding as pairs or groups.

We've found that especially in the beginner groups, even 2 bikes riding together will start a "train".

A 3rd rider comes up behind you both, decides he cannot safely get past 2 riders, so he falls in behind. 4th rider catches the group, etc, etc.

Next thing you know we have 10 bikes riding around the track in a train.

Anywho, it's OK to ride for a lap or two together, but then we like to see you separate... at least far enough that someone coming up behind can leap frog one rider at a time.
ttd is offline   Reply With Quote