View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2014, 05:44 PM   #369
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

I Love this thread. I laughed so much. I too have ridden without all the gear at times but the older I get the less of a bother putting the gear on becomes. All motorcycle riders accept a certain risk when we ride and adding to that risk is not a good idea. I will occasionally take one of my bikes for a short ride without my jacket or gloves and the thing I mostly ride without is a good set of riding pants. The risk to me is minimal because when I don't wear all my gear I feel more exposed and therefore take it easy and act accordingly. I never take a real ride without all of my gear but I admit to a quick trip around the block once in a while. I guess it all comes down to how much risk you perceive vs the fear of injury. ATGATT is the proper thing to do and I will try to hold to this in the future (especially since I just got my full leathers). I cant believe how comfortable the full leather suit is to ride in, its like armored pijamas!!
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote