Old February 24th, 2014, 07:29 PM   #11
Aodrn
It's a long boring story

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by mania View Post
I think opposite of twitchy...Although I may be confused by what you wrote
First you said drop the forks then later raise the front so I am thinking you meant slide the forks down into the top triple clamp?

If so the opposite of twitchy/quicker steering because
sliding the forks up into the triple clamp decreases rake & makes the bike quicker steering which is something I dont care for myself.
Looses its neutral turn in feel & has a ledge where the bike goes from neutral feel to falling into turn at a different rate at some point in teh lean.

That of course is just my opinion of having raised the forks into the triple an extra 3/8" or so to accommodate some top side clip-ons.
I disliked it so much after two rides sold those clip-ons

But sounds like your going the other direction so I would "expect" slower steering.
Raising the front would slow the steering, but I want to also raise the rear. The smallest raise on the rear is 1". Raise the rear 1" and the front 1/4" would give a steering effect of 3/4" raise of the rear. I just dont know how steep an angle I can have before the handling is too twitchy.
#41 MCRA

alex.s :crashing is a normal part of life... people are just in denial about that.
Aodrn is offline   Reply With Quote