Old March 3rd, 2014, 01:36 AM   #90
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by old3 View Post
I explained it in my post, you will try to catch yourself with your hand by reaching out. That is a great way to snap a wrist or arm. I'd rather be dragged to a stop than snapping my bones trying to fight it. Every crash is different, but given the room to slide to a stop, I'll keep my grip as long as possible.

Last "good" crash was 35MPH impact on the sumoto race bike. It blew my leather jacket zipper open but I had only minor abrasions thru the arms of the jacket. My hand guards were scarred very badly.

That's a bold assumption, you may put your hands out to brace yourself, but I usually tuck my shoulder to to land on my side/back where there is more muscle mass to absorb impact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
@old3 , just to confirm, you are suggesting that once you have began crashing, to stay as close as you can to your crashing... potentially flipping and rolling, 450 lbs motorcycle?
Is this the "condescending" post? It doesn't appear very condescending to me.

May you should take a step back and stop forcing your ideas and assumptions on everyone here. When I saw the question it was more of: hey if you ever crash what do you do so u don't get hurt, question. Many of us have crashed and probably will crash again, why do pros like Pedrosa, Rossi, Lorenzo and Marquez crash? They push the limits.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote