Old March 3rd, 2014, 10:26 AM   #16
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh face View Post
anyone have any input for the Alpinestars Carver suit? Is any entry level suit from alpinestars/Dainese/Sidi/etc. (higher end brands) worth the price? or do the lower end brands suits have about the same quality?
At some point, all you're paying for by buying an entry level 'high end' suit is the name on the chest and fun colors, IMHO. I'm not sure many of the entry level fancy brands include spine protector and they still cost more than other options that include more armor from the start. I'm not entirely convinced the price is justified, but then again, I might be missing something

Take a look at SS gear and compare the stitching and layers and fit and I'll think you'll stop looking at suits as 'high end' vs 'low end' and just comparing quality vs price. Can't get much more bang for the buck straight off the shelf than a SS suit, no matter what price bracket you're looking at. I know I am impressed with their entry level Triple Crown as a street/trackday suit, @csmith12 has been very impressed with their nicer Twist of Fate 2.0 suit as a more serious trackday-only/race suit. Compared to more expensive brands, I think the quality is all there, without the 4-digit price. Maybe you'll want to upgrade the armor if you go track-only and are serious about it, but it's a great place to start and the quality is there in the seams and layers.

I hope that helps a little. I know Chris has more experience with more types of suits than I do, so he should be a little more helpful.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote