Thread: KTM RC390!!!!!
View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2014, 07:04 PM   #119
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
I don't know about others but I personally will never lower a bike, luckily I am just tall enough to not need to lower the majority of potential street bikes. The reason that I will not lower a bike has to do with cornering, I would rather have the stock cornering limits than to lower the limits in the name of more comfort. Though I do admit my reasoning is a little silly as a lower bike would have lower lean angle limits anyway. I feel that a 675/650 class bike (read: honda cbr650f or triumph street triple r) may fit my eventual needs better as they can cruise down the highway at relatively low rpms compared to smaller bikes.

perhaps it's just me but i don't ever understand this line and i hear it so much.

"want a bike that can go on highway at lower rpm's"

why?

The power and torque for any bike are generally in the higher revs, sure a large displacement bike has more low end grunt but regardless why wouldn't you want to be in the meat of the power band unless you are trying to save on gas <--- generally not my top priority

Heck in my car, the only reason i shift out of 4th into 5th is to save gas, sometimes i debate hitting 4th and just stay in 3rd if traffic is slow (60-65mph) Thats were the fun is if i want to go some where in a hurry i just press or roll the throttle, no need to down shift or lug the engine at WOT in to high of a gear.

One of main reason i chose a ninja over cbr was rev range, same thing with the civic si i used to have. That thing was a blast, from 6k -8.5krpm range, why would you drive it under 6k? It could easily do highway speeds at low revs in 6th gear but i would rather be in the power band in 3rd or 4th gear all day long

IDK? perhaps since i grew up on 2stroke dirt bikes which are all or nothing depending on your rpms is why i feel this way, but IMO if you are not making that engine sing you are not doing it right and missing out big time otherwise just get a cruiser or touring bike

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote