View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2014, 09:13 AM   #13
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

PTdoughnut had a good suggestion on looking on the forums but I don't agree with him saying you wont need it. Think about it like Anti-lock brakes. You don't need them till you need them. The damper is a safety device and you wont even know if it works if it is installed but if its not there then you will see if you need one. The only problem with that is you may need a new bike if you realize you should have had one. You need to decide if it is worth the cost vs risk which is a decision we all make. I would recommend if you can afford one, either from the dealer or after market, then get one if not then be careful while learning your new bike, ride safe and post lots of pics and videos.

Just FYI I do not have a steering damper on the NINJA or my SV but I do have one on my Ducati because it lifts the wheel under acceleration and even a small bump in the road will cause the front tire to lift if you are on the throttle so there are many chances for the front to get wobbly.
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote