View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2014, 05:12 AM   #4
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
It's very useful when downshifting, e.g. coming up on an exit ramp, so you're sure you're in the right gear before you let out the clutch. Intending to get down to, say, third but actually being in second can upset the bike.

And I'm sure we've all tried to upshift from sixth gear.... I know I have.
Yes this ^ My wife grew up in the Philippines and most of the bikes there had 3 gears. She never learned to count as she shifted nor is she good at estimating her gear based on RPM. I have video of her riding on the highway at 10,000 rpm at 60 mph. Her bike is geared higher than stock so she was riding in 4th or 5th and didn't realize she wasn't in top gear. She just got back into riding so she is nervous and spends most of her time watching traffic for danger and cant focus on the gauges. Like I said in the original post I want her to be comfortable and enjoy riding so if this makes her have to think less about the bike so she can focus on what she is doing more then IT SHALL BE DONE! Happy wife = happy life There are no wiser words. Thanks to Sirref for the linky it really helped and gave me some ideas.

I still would like to hear from more people as to their experience with these indicators. I would like to know if they work well or if everyone seems to have issues with them. We may be trading the 250 in for a 300 next year and with the injection the indicators work really well so if most people indicate they have issues I may just wait but I would like to do it this year if there are not many problems. I read about people using switches rather than the magnetic set up they come with so let me know if you changed anything also

Thanks again
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote