View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2014, 02:41 PM   #152
old3
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300, KTM EXC610SMR

More "R" is what I'm talking about too!!!

LOL, well, I've gleaned bits from everywhere, but you can see the same basic, (cheap!!!) Ninjettesque frame and what looks like 37mm forks on the prototype.

Yamaha says it will beat the Ninja 300 on price. That says just about all I need to know.

It will be at least 35 HP and lighter. No mention of better brakes, better legs, Deltabox frame. If it was destined to have any real advantages, I'd expected it to have made the list of features they seem so proud of. Ninja is 39HP but they aren't claiming they will even equal that. Maybe as a 300 it will?

A few bits look upmarket on the Rossi bike, but probably just to doll it up for promotions. It looks like a 4p caliper but at under the Ninja 300 price, I'm really doubting even that.

If we get a glance at an actual pre production bike in a spy shot, I'm expecting the same standard Ninja 250/300 CBR250 fare in the suspension/brakes/frame. It isn't aimed at the USA, or Europe. It is another bike built to meet a lower price point in other countries. USA may never even see it, and unless the proto is a ruse for a totally different R style bike, no loss IMO.

The 125 looks stunning, but this R25/R3 prototype isn't that by any stretch..
old3 is offline   Reply With Quote