View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2014, 01:53 PM   #14
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcj13 View Post
Renton's not too bad a commute to Bellevue, but the 405 gets heavy traffic during the normal commute times. You'll be able to use the carpool lane by yourself on the bike. So you're a software person... comes in late, wears comfortable shoes!

You thinking one of those fancy apartments at The Landing in Renton (across the street from Boeing)? Cool places, but a bit pricy. But they have garage parking for the car and bike. Lots of restaurants, stores, theaters, etc., within walking distance.

I've never had a 4WD vehicle. Could always put on chains if you needed to in the snow. Or work from home those few days. Or get studded tires. You won't need to worry about that until December.
Yeah, I'm super cheap regarding price but I do have flexibility with regard to work time. Mostly I just want a well built place to live with enough space and a private garage (I'll need to store my trailer, bike, car, and all my bike tools -- street parking the car I can do but the rest I want protected from the elements and less scrupulous eyes).

I'm not familiar with 405 traffic at all. I've never seen this before: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...y-weekend.html -- actually the hard part would be not splitting through it. I hear WA frowns on that.
Yakaru is offline   Reply With Quote