View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2014, 11:59 PM   #32
jeffb502
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 2013 White Ninja 300, 2010 Red Ninja 250r (Sold)

I figured I'd revive this thread instead of posting a new one with the same title.

Here's an update from my ride today on the same road. I got some of the same sections of road in as the videos in the original post, plus I included some footage of getting on the freeway with somebody merging below the flow of traffic in front of me, combined with the person in the right lane slowing down, making for some interesting traffic flow patterns. I'm pretty sure I tried to shift into 7th gear at the end of the freeway clip lol.

I've been focusing on downshifting before the corner and staying in gear/not holding the clutch in. I get the shifting in way before the turn, and often I don't need to use the brakes because I've engine braked down to the appropriate corner entry speed. I'm going to gradually try braking and downshifting at the same time. Should be fun.

As always any tips are greatly appreciated. I'm not sure why the camera shook back and forth in the middle of the turn at 1:48 (by the way that's the same turn mentioned at 2:00 in the original video, and it's one of my favorite turns now...I like the quick left into right shift). Any insight there? I didn't notice feeling any loss of traction or anything else wrong.

Link to original page on YouTube.

jeffb502 is offline   Reply With Quote