View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2014, 09:59 AM   #2
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

I haven't ridden the Zune but my cousin had a Valkyrie which became the Zune. That bike would not win many races against modern sport bikes in the 1/4 mile but it had crazy power! I was on my Yamaha FZR750 and my cousin was next to me at 45 mph, he hit the throttle and I could not catch him. They are a bit heavy (compared to a sport bike) because of the 6 cyl and cruiser styling but handle well for a cruiser and are way comfortable. The Valkyrie had ok ground clearance but you would never touch your knee down if you know what I mean. The Zune has the same basic engine as the Valkyrie with better out put of power so pulling a trailor will not be any kind of an issue. The power delivery is pretty smooth so unless you are hitting full throttle in heavy downpour rain or on sand there should be no tire scorching issues and acceleration will be impressive just not record breaking. Beautiful bike and it was originally based on a stripped down Goldwing so longevity and reliability should be typical Honda (read as REALLY GOOD). Good luck with your planned trip and I hope we get to ride together when you get up to New England! I will buy you a
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote