View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2014, 08:22 AM   #26
250rr
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): Cheap Italian Suit. Otherwise known as Dew Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
Geeez, I wouldn't know where to begin! There isn't a screw, bolt, or a nut in there. How the hell they build those things.
It's a case of Ducati being too clever by half, imo. It works and after you study it and get your hands on it, you kind of start getting it. However, as with most things in life, there are costs for being clever. As an example, for each valve there are two clearances to measure. Opening rocker arm clearance and closing rocker arm clearance. Most other engines in the world uses springs to close the valve, and so only have one rocker (opening rocker) clearance to adjust.

I have never adjusted valves on anything before this, so I can't compare. I am told by some far more experienced than I that the two valve Duc's like mine are actually quite simple machines. I will have to take their word on that.

FULL DISCLOSURE: If I start it and it explodes no one on this forum will ever know of my baffoonery. I will file fake ride reports and pictures of me with the bike taken last year. On the other hand, if it starts and runs, I will declare myself the best motorcycle mechanic in the world.

Last futzed with by 250rr; March 27th, 2014 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Rough draft unacceptable.
250rr is offline   Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.