View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2014, 09:09 AM   #25
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
The objective is smoothness and technique... not achieving a particular speed or lean angle. Those are byproducts of speed. Nailing the line and being smooth can be done at any speed. The only difference is that at low speed, you don't have any real consequences or tactile feedback for doing it wrong. You can be all kinds of sloppy at 35 mph... at 60 you might lose it.
You actually kind of said what I meant :P -- I'm already going on the slow side and I don't feel like I'm in any way pushing myself (I haven't had any close calls or actual panic moments; it's just a low level "don't go down" through the whole ride).

I'm not looking for a lean angle or anything but I am trying to get feelings of if I took a turn well or poorly. If I slow down much more, I can basically 'go ballistic' (a phrase Momaru uses to refer to turning at the same time and rate as the road) without having any issues.

Does that make any sense?
Yakaru is offline   Reply With Quote