View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2014, 11:11 AM   #29
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti View Post
Sounds to me like you really need to start working on one thing at a time in order to gain some confidence back. And because you mention that you are cutting throttle in the turns that is the first thing that I would work on. You know that you want to roll on the gas evenly, smoothly and consistently throughout the turn so you need to work on being able to do that.

If you went into the turns a few mph slower would you be able to accomplish this? Once you got the hang of this would you be able to bring the pace back up?
I'm already a bit on the slow side, I think one major problem is that the roads I'm practicing on are lots of blind corners and I don't ride them often enough to remember how each turn goes so I lean in, then back off the throttle when I don't see the exit point (which is not the way to do it, obviously). Improving my entry point might help, but I'll try a few things to see what helps me not roll off mid turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti View Post
Woohooooo!!!! Make sure to call the office and make the request, do it now :dance cool: then call again closer to the date and then when you get to the school make sure to ask specifically again and they always do their best to accommodate requests. Looking forward to meeting you!!!

Misti
Thanks Misti, will do
Yakaru is offline   Reply With Quote