View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2014, 03:37 PM   #44
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiant View Post
I disagree about missing a point. Why should someone be intimidated by a bully, by letting the bully get his/her way all the time?
You're putting way too much assumption and emotion into driving basics. Someone going faster than you isn't necessarily a bully, just like someone going slower than you isn't necessarily an idiot. Since we all drive at different speeds, that would put half of us in one category, and the rest of us in the other half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
You are deliberately being an obstruction to try to prove a point, that adds unnecessary risk.

Keep out of the passing lane unless you're passing & people won't try to 'bully' you out of it, it's your failure to occupy the correct position that's pissing them off.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
I see a difference between letting a bully get their way and cooperating on a roadway.

Being bullied is being forced to the shoulder as someone takes your lane from you.

Cooperating means recognizing there is a very limited space for vehicles (one or two lanes usually) and passing and being passed allows for traffic to move smoothly.
This.

Quote:
My problem on the road is how much anger there is. I see drivers get angry for me going the speed limit on a one lane double yellow road. I see drivers getting pissed when someone doesn't move out of the way when they are in a hurry (I'll admit to being both the one unintentionally blocking and the one being blocked). What I don't see is those angry drivers calming their emotions and instead reacting to the situation safely.

In the end it isn't worth the pissing contest.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiant View Post
Quote:
As long as the car in front is obeying the law, deal with it. If they are not obeying the law, go around or let them go.
Agreed and pretty much the bottom line.
Not this.

Point at 10 cars on the road on most freeways when traffic isn't gridlocked, and 8 of 10 of them are breaking the law. Claiming to be morally, legally, or practically correct by forcing a faster vehicle to pass on the right isn't an expression of safety or legality. It's one of cluelessness.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote