Thread: Cornering
View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2014, 04:28 PM   #205
Dredgshadow
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2013 600RR, 2009 250r

I learned how to really put my weight to the inside of the bike today and holy #^$& what a difference did it make to my cornering ability. I really am making the jump from "turning" to "cornering" if that makes any sense. I feel a lot more committed and one with the bike.
I have been riding for a little while now and really just now understood how it felt to put my weight into the corner. I thought I was before, but I wasn't and I felt like I was very leaned over...but I wasn't really. The bike was.
Now that I put my weight towards the inside, and my head relatively towards the mirror, I have noticed that the bike isn't really leaning that much at all compared to before. It felt very natural. I see now more than ever why supersports are designed like they are with low clip ons and such.
Anyway, maybe this can be of interest to some guys like me who are making the jump from beginner to intermediate. The difference is seriously night and day when you get that weight inside. Makes it so simple and less intimidating to try to push a little harder
Dredgshadow is offline   Reply With Quote