View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2014, 08:45 AM   #1
Think47
ninjette.org member

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 1999 Ninja 250

Cafe Fighter Ninja 250

I got this bike awhile bike. My original plan was to build a cafe racer style bike, then I found the blue collar bobbers cafe conversion for this. After trying to figure out what route I can go with it, I just decided to do my own thing with it.

This is when I first picked it up. Some of the plastics were cracked on the bike. Not to bad, everything worked, it had an idle problem and no spark in one cylinder. It also had a fuel leak.

Started removing some plastics so I can dig a little deeper into the bike.

When I had the bike at this point I already fixed a few problems with the bike. The fuel leak was actually the tank itself, it looked like they tried to repair it before and it just fell apart. So I found a tank on Ebay for a great price and ordered it.

New tank was installed, I trimmed the front fender a little bit, and plasti dipped it black for the time being. Also got a replacement seat for it as well since the stock seat was redone and the foam under was destroyed. Installed a K&N filter, ordered my fork gaiters that I would put on eventually lol. Got a new headlight and mounting brackets for it as well. Also modified the exhasut for the time being because I did not like those big cans on the back.

Adjustable brake lever installed, since my old one was cracked and broken. I still have to replace the clutch handle.

Painted the rims gun metal, was not a big fan on the purple.

Painted the tank and the fender, I will change the color eventually, after I do a few more things to the bike.

New tires, almost ready to ride

Decided to get a Renthal Ultra Low Bar, with new grips and bar end mirrors. Definitely cleaned the front of the bike up alot more. And there is no vibration in the handle bars. Also installed the fork gaiters as well.

And how she currently sits. Just got my motorcycle endorsement a few weeks ago. Been riding it for a few weeks now. I will be doing a few more things to it as time goes by. I got some of my ideas from this forum. A lot of information on here. Thanks to Jono and Chicago bob for answering a few questions I have.
Think47 is offline   Reply With Quote