View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2014, 03:28 PM   #101
Ginganinja
pregens for the win!

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 07 ninja 250, 07 yamaha r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
I thought there were alignment pins that the gasket can sit on while you put the cylinder block on. There shouldn't be any noticeable gap under the straight edge. If you see any, the manual tells the maximum thickness.
my alignments pins came out with the cylinders, rather than staying in the case. But no worries i'm working on the bike right now and i got the cylinders on in about 2 mins when i tried it today. i think i must've been tired the other day and not thinking clearly and it was causing more grief than helping. thats why i called it a day and left it without putting them on.

I checked the bottom of the head with a straight edge for warpage. everything looks good. I did it as the manual suggested, measure it with a straight edge and a thickness/feeler gauge. service limit is .05mm, i wasn't even close to getting the gauge under the straight edge.

so cylinders went on, new gaskets, chain guides, just put in the head bolts snug, and am looking up torque values, and the tightening order. all while taking plenty of pictures to upload later for you guys. it's coming along quite nicely today

Last futzed with by Ginganinja; April 5th, 2014 at 04:05 AM.
Ginganinja is offline   Reply With Quote